The Willens Reportsm

Welcome - The Latest Willens Report


Deducting Travel Expenses
September 4, 2015
During 2006, petitioner, (P), was employed by Lynn University, (LU), as an assistant professor. She was also pursuing her Ph.D. degree during that year.At the t...

"Robert Willens LLC is neither a registered investment advisor nor a broker/dealer. Subscribers and/or readers are advised that the information contained in The Willens Report is not to be construed or relied upon as investment, tax planning, accounting and/or legal advice, nor is it to be construed in any way as a recommendation to buy, hold or sell (short or otherwise) any security or any other form of investment. All opinions, analyses and information contained herein is based upon sources believed to be reliable and is written in good faith, but no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, is made herein concerning any investment, tax, accounting and/or legal matter or the accuracy, completeness, correctness, timeliness and/or appropriateness of any of the information contained herein. Subscribers and/or readers are further advised that the Company does not necessarily update the information and/or opinions set forth in this and/or any subsequent edition of The Willens Report or any version thereof. Readers are urged to consult with their own independent professional advisors with respect to any matter analyzed herein. All information contained herein and/or this website should be independently verified."

 

Recent Reports

"Standby" Fee Not Deductible (or Amortizable)
September 3, 2015
The common stock of petitioner, (P), traded over-the-counter until 1967, when it went on the American Stock Exchange. The common stock consisted of two classes of $1...
Baxter To Begin Divesting Its Baxalta Stake
September 2, 2015
When Baxter, (B), spun-off Baxalta, (BX), on July 1st, 2015, it distributed only 80.5 percent of BX's stock to its shareholders and retained the other 19.5 percent of such...
Aabaco's Assumption Of Yahoo's Convertibles Not Troublesome
September 2, 2015
The latest rumor regarding the Yahoo! (Y) spin-off of its BABA stake is that Aabaco (Spinco) will have to assume Y's convertible debentures because the indenture calls for...
Taxpayer Shifts "Burden of Production" to the I.R.S.
September 2, 2015
In 1983, the taxpayer, (Mr. L), and his wife, purchased a home in Newport, Kentucky. In 1999, they executed a mortgage on the property in favor of Home Equity Service...